Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Ancient Mayan Centipede


 Here is a picture of a picture of a ceramic pot.  I found it with a Google search for 'carved Mayan ceramic bowl and cylinders.' in February of 2019.  The web page address of this cylinder bowl I did not record but I did get some images of it.  I was also able to find my way back to it for a good year but I cannot find it now. 

As a consequence I am posting this picture of a picture as I want this image to remain a presence in the world of the internet that I have connection to in one form or another.  I think you will agree this centipede is a magnificent beast!

I am making clay cylinders and carving my version of this centipede on them, so more images are coming.  

One is slated to be a home for the orchid in my living room that is presently outgrowing the pot it inhabits today. You can find my first effort at carving this centipede into stoneware in my Etsy shop Little pig pottery Etsy




2 comments: