Thursday, January 22, 2009

Handle Pulling




In most pottery classes I know of the first handle pulling demo has an embarrassing sexual element to it which leads to all type of ribald jokes and laughter. . . Mid afternoon in studio2 Gloria has approached the sink. She has yet to master the art of pulling handles and is going to practice. Dennis, a proficient handle puller, stands by with demo and instructions. Me? I am behind my very sluggish camera snap, snap and snap.

"Oh! Don't do this to me" moans Gloria. My colleague and instructor of the morning, Adriana leaves the danger zone and sits down. "I'll just sit over here." Then there is John. He cleans our studio and as always finds the clay studio crew highly entertaining. He has stopped for a moment to enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment